One of the first things you need to do if you are relocating is to contact professional removalists in Brisbane to lock in your moving date. The longer you leave it, the less likely your preferred moving date will be available because furniture removalists are usually booked up well in advance.
Most of us have moved more than once, so we all know how stressful it can be on the day and in the weeks leading up to the move, so here is our 6-point checklist that should make your move go smoothly.
- Organise your packing boxes: Contact your removalists in Brisbane to organise the right type of boxes for your move, because retail boxes aren’t strong enough to protect your belongings.
- Declutter your home: Throw out things you haven’t used in years, sell other items or give them to charity. The less you need to pack and move, the less work your removalists in Brisbane need to do and the lower your removal costs.
- Book cleaners: Organising someone to clean your new home is a lovely treat for yourself because it’s so much nicer to walk into a totally clean home, instead of having to knuckle down and clean it all yourself.
- Disconnect utilities: Don’t forget to inform your electricity, gas, water and internet providers that you are relocating and make sure that you pay these bills before you move, otherwise they are likely to be forgotten when you move into your new home.
- Arrange insurances: If you have purchased a new home, you most probably organised your house and contents insurance at the time of settlement, but if not, make sure to do it before you move in.
- Redirect mail & update addresses: It’s amazing how many people don’t redirect their mail, hoping that the new owners or tenants will send their mail to their new address. If you don’t want to lose your mail, always redirect it at the post office and update your address with all your providers, bank, kid’s schools etc.
Most of us have moved to a new property at least once, so we can all agree that house removals are often a stressful time for everyone concerned. However, it’s one thing to move to another suburb in your area and an entirely different experience when you are relocating interstate.
Organising a company who are experienced in interstate furniture removal and can supply all the necessary moving boxes is a good first step, but let’s back up a little and consider some of the other issues you will need to deal with when moving interstate.
Finding a property
Your first challenge is locating a property to buy or rent, so it’s can often be a good idea to rent first, so that you can get a feel for the area (even though this means organising two house removals). Whether buying or renting however, you will be at a disadvantage due to the distance, having to rely on online viewings or asking a friend or relative in the area to take a look for you, unless you can spend the time to visit the area yourself to view properties (which is why renting is usually the better option).
One good solution if you are buying at a distance is to engage a buyers agent, who will know all of the state’s real estate rules and can make the entire process run smoothly for you and your family.
Decluttering before ordering your moving boxes
To reduce the costs of an interstate move it’s sensible to declutter your home first, because the more you take with you, the higher the furniture removal costs. Always ask for a number of quotes from different house removal companies and make sure that it’s a door to door service, because the more truck transfers that are needed, the higher the probability of damage to your belongings.
Re-engaging at your new location
Don’t forget to change the address on your driving licence and re-register your vehicle in your new state, as well as updating your insurance policies (car, home and contents). Parents will initially be consumed with organising their children’s new schools and of course, everyone will need to find the fastest way to school or work and explore parking or transport options.
If you want to buy or hire moving boxes for your next move or you need a fast online quote for interstate furniture removals, call us on 0411 182 208 or send us an email.
With more and more people relocating around Australia, the number of removalists in Brisbane has steadily risen to meet this demand. In this competitive market space, if house removals companies want to garner a larger share of the market, they need to be at the top of their game and give customers a good reason to call their business and not the competition.
Changing trends in Brisbane furniture removalists
What you will find is that the well-known and established removalists in Brisbane have already expanded their service offerings, because they pay attention to their customer’s needs. Listening to customers and acting on their requests is one of the easiest ways for a company to grow and expand, and that is exactly what we have done at Brisbane Pre Packers.
We don’t just offer plain and simple house removals services to our customers, we also have robust boxes for sale and hire, and we also buy back any unused boxes as well. Our customers really appreciate being able to return their unused boxes and receive a refund, and this is only one of the ways that we have listened to our customers.
Another service we offer our customers is an interstate service, because many of our customers move into and out of Queensland. If you search for ‘removalists in Brisbane’ you will find that some of them don’t offer interstate house removals, which shows that they aren’t responding to what the market is demanding.
Insurance is another way that we have an edge on our competitors, because we don’t just provide insurance that covers the transportation of your furniture, we also provide insurance that covers the loading and unloading of your furniture. This is because any damage that may occur, tends to happen during loading and unloading, but most other furniture removalists in Brisbane don’t offer this additional insurance cover to their customers – check it out for yourself.
We also make booking house removals easy online, offer packing and unpacking services and all members of our house removals team are fully trained in moving everything safely. We can move your pianos, fridges, freezers, pool tables and any other large or cumbersome furniture very safely and quickly, because we have all of the right equipment.
If you want removalists in Brisbane who have your best interests at heart, then why not call Brisbane Pre Packers on 0411 182 208 and ask for a free quote today.
The budget is usually the reason why people avoid hiring removalists in Brisbane, but unfortunately, going it alone can often be more trouble than it’s worth!
Here are 4 reasons why not hiring furniture removalists in Brisbane is a bad idea.
1. You will have to pack everything yourself
Why pack early? Families need their clothes, personal items, computers, furniture and kitchen appliances just to live and businesses need everything to simply keep operating. However, if you hire removalists in Brisbane who also specialise in packing and unpacking (we do!), you don’t have to worry about any of it, as they will do it all for you the day before the move.
2. You will have to load and unload everything yourself
When you avoid hiring furniture removalists in Brisbane, you will have to load and unload everything yourself. Not to mention that you need to pack everything correctly on the truck to ensure that things don’t move around and become damaged during transit. When you hire removalists in Brisbane however, you can leave everything in their capable hands.
3. What about stairs, elevators, narrow entrances?
When you hire furniture removalists in Brisbane it’s their job to move everything from your property to their truck and then from the truck into your new property. They are the people who will have to negotiate stairs, lifts and narrow entrances, not you! Moving yourself can be really hard work and at the end of the day, do you really want to lift the family sofa up a flight of stairs?
4. What about insurances?
Will your policy cover any damage or loss to your belongings during the move? Professional removalists in Brisbane have insurance cover for loading and unloading, but they don’t always have cover for damage during transit. This is an additional cover that you need to ask about, before hiring your removalists (we have this additional insurance!).
In the end, the biggest tip we can give you is not to go it alone and not to hire a cheap removalist Brisbane, just to save money. Both of these options can cause you more angst and grief than you ever anticipated – always hire reputable removalists in Brisbane who can get the job done quickly, safely and on time.
Not every move goes to plan, even when you hire the best furniture removalists in Brisbane! For many of our clients, they find that their home has sold before they have found another property to purchase and they need to put all their furniture and belongings into storage.
Others find that their new rental property is rather small, so they decide to place some of their larger items in storage, until they can move to a bigger property. Timing isn’t always perfect, which is why these storage facilities can be a life saver for our clients, particularly if they move around a lot and regularly employ furniture movers in Brisbane.
Whether you require short or long term storage, it’s always best to hire a company that specialises in furniture removal to transport your belongings to the storage facility. This way, you know that they will arrive safely at their destination!
Here are five more tips to make sure that your belongings and furniture stay in good condition in storage.
- Check for repairs: Always perform any repairs before putting your furniture into storage, so it’s ready to be used when the furniture removalists in Brisbane deliver it to your home. Also, tighten any screws and make sure everything is in good condition, because if your furniture is stacked in storage, the additional weight can cause damage to the more fragile items.
- Can you take it apart? If you can easily disassemble large items of furniture then this will make them easier to transport and save you lots of space in your storage unit. It will also cut down on the time it takes your furniture movers to pack the truck in Brisbane, saving you money as well.
- Clean everything: Whenever furniture needs storage, it’s always best to clean it before leaving it in your storage unit. That’s because dirt and debris can encourage mould to grow and your furniture can smell quite unpleasant if it has been stored without first being cleaned.
- Protective wrapping: As experts in furniture removal, we know that it’s always best to wrap furniture in a protective wrapping when it is being stored for any length of time. This protects your furniture from any damage during transport to the facility, as well as on the return journey. You might also need to add extra padding between some items to make sure that they don’t rub against one another and cause additional damage in storage.
- Leave it to the professionals: If all of this sounds like a lot of work, then your best option is to leave it to the professional furniture removalists in Brisbane – we will pack and transport everything to your storage facility.
For more information on packing furniture and transporting it to your storage facility, call us on 0411 182 208 or send us an email.
Moving an entire office can be a huge undertaking and requires expert timing, which is why you need to select the best office removalists in Brisbane for your relocation. After all, every minute that you are not operating, is another dollar lost, and as we all know – time is money!
This means that you need to start preparing for the move well in advance, so that on the day, the move goes smoothly and quickly, and you can be open for business as fast as possible. To help you relocate to your new premises, here are our tips on getting the most out of your office movers in Brisbane.
8 weeks before your deadline
This is the time when you should have already selected and booked your furniture movers in Brisbane, informed your landlord that you are moving and have all your employees onboard. If your lease includes specific renovations on termination, then this is also the time to have a builder organised to step in as soon as you have vacated the premises. Start an inventory of all your furniture, supplies and equipment, decide what you will take with you to your new location and what needs to be donated, sold or sent to the tip. Organise the removal of these unwanted items in the next few weeks.
4 weeks before your deadline
Make sure that there is adequate parking facilities for your removalists in Brisbane, contacting the property manager or local council if necessary to make these arrangements. Inform your electricity, internet and phone providers of your moving date and new address, and arrange for everything to be turned on at your new location. Order new stationary supplies and business cards with your new contact details and backup all your important files to external drives or the cloud.
Contact all your clients and inform them of your new location, update your website and all of your social media platforms as well. Give any last minute instructions to your movers in Brisbane, then once you have checked that everything has been loaded, lock up the old office and follow your furniture movers to your new location!
For professional office removalists in Brisbane, call us on 0411 182 208 or get a quote online today.
Finding a cheap removalist in Brisbane is a priority for many homeowners or renters who need professional help moving from one location to another. However, basing your selection of Brisbane removalists solely on cost can be disingenuous, as there might be other factors that might sway your final decision.
If you are in the market for a cheap removalist in Brisbane, here are six questions you might consider asking before signing on the dotted line.
- How much experience do they have? You want to be sure that the Brisbane removalists who turn up at your home on the day are experienced in moving furniture. There might be a novice mover included in the team, but you need to expect that there will be an experienced person supervising your move.
- Do they pre-pack and unpack as well? Spending days and even weeks packing all of your belongings, appliances and other items can be a stressful time, especially when you know that the professionals can do it in a day or two! Unpacking is also one of the chores that homeowners and renters find that they don’t enjoy, so if your Brisbane removalists offer these services – it’s very good to know!
- Will they price match? Even though they might promote themselves as a cheap removalist in Brisbane, will they price match if you find an even cheaper company? It’s always good to compare moving costs between Brisbane removalists and have these numbers at your fingertips when negotiating costs.
- Do they offer storage? You might not need storage, but many homeowners and renters find that storing their excess belongings and furniture is a great idea. This works really well when you are downsizing, but still want to hang onto many of your larger items – just in case!
- Do they sell or hire packing boxes? If you need packing boxes, the costs can be really high, so it’s beneficial if your cheap removalist in Brisbane also hires removal boxes, cutting down your costs. If they also have a buy back service for purchased boxes, then that’s a win-win situation right there!
- Do they have a guarantee for any breakages? Most Brisbane removalists have insurances that cover loss or breakages during transit, not many however, also have insurances to cover loss or breakages during loading and unloading. This is an important point, because if something is going to go wrong, it usually happens during loading and unloading, not during transit.
If you want a cheap removalist in Brisbane who offers all of the above – call Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals on 0411 182 208 or get a quote online today.
At Brisbane Pre Packers, we find that many people move to a new house fairly frequently and this applies to both renters and homeowners, so the costs of repeatedly hiring removalists in Brisbane can add up.
People often relocate to suit their changing budgets and also to go where there is more work, a promotion or simply due to altered family circumstances. Finding a cheap removalist in Brisbane however, can be a challenge in itself!
If you need professional house removals in the near future, here are 5 tips to help you save some serious money during your move.
- Packing materials: Avoid having to hire too many packing boxes by keeping an eye open for boxes and packing material that you can put aside for your move. You will most likely need specialised packing boxes for the plasma TV for example, but clothes, books and the kid’s toys can easily be packed in plastic containers and other types of boxes.
- Reduce your belongings: The bigger the truck you need to move all of your belongings, the greater the costs charged by removalists in Brisbane. This is the time to sort through everything in your home, giving away certain items, throwing out others and only keeping what you absolutely need in the future.
- Hire professionals: This might sound expensive, but if time is your enemy and you need to be relocated by a certain date, it might be more cost-effective to use a house removals firm who can move you quickly. A DIY approach might be cheaper in money terms, but it will usually take you a lot longer to complete the move on your own.
- Don’t pay for cleaners: Not many of us like to clean an entire house every time we move, but it’s something that needs to be done. You can save yourself hundreds of dollars however, if you do the cleaning yourself before you move, instead of paying professional cleaners.
- Don’t move in peak hour: If you want a cheap removalist in Brisbane then avoid moving during peak hour traffic, because you will be paying for the truck to sit in traffic. This is particularly relevant if you are paying by the hour, so working out a time frame that minimises your costs to the removalists in Brisbane is a win-win situation.
A final tip is to make sure that the house removals company are fully insured for any loss or damage to your belongings, as replacements can increase your overall removal costs.
Why not get an online quote for your next move from the leading removalists in Brisbane?
At Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals, we know how difficult it can be to relocate when you have a family and the children are at home. Whilst we all love our children, packing and moving when they are underfoot can add another layer of complexity to an already stressful situation.
This is why you need a plan of action that will make the day go smoothly and keep your children from being underfoot all day and possibly being injured. Brisbane removalists are professionals, but having young children racing around when they are lifting and carrying heavy loads can create an unsafe situation for everyone involved.
Preparing your children for the move
At the same time that you book the furniture movers in Brisbane, and if your children are old enough to understand that you are relocating, it helps to explain your reasons for the move and to familiarise them with their new home.
Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals have been around for a long time and we have seen how many parents help their children to cope with moving to a new home. For example, we know that showing them your new home and visiting parks and playgrounds in the area, helps children to actually look forward to the move, rather than stressing out about leaving their friends.
On the day of your move
With young children, it’s best to ask a friend or relative to give you a hand, either looking after your children while you supervise the move or taking them away for a few hours. This gives you an opportunity to focus on the move, ensuring that the Brisbane removalists have everything in hand, rather than spending your time worrying about the children.
If you don’t have anyone to help care for your children on moving day, then depending on their ages, you can give them a few jobs to do or occupy them with a few of their favourite toys. Furniture movers in Brisbane are well versed at moving families with children, so once everything is packed away in boxes, it won’t take long for your belongings to be loaded and you can be on your way!
Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals are the leading movers in SEQ – why not get a quote online today?
Are you are moving in the near future? Then house packing is going to become one of your main priorities very soon! Most of us however, have collected so much ‘stuff’ that decluttering seems to go hand in hand with house packing.
If this situation seems familiar to you, then your best option is to call a specialist removals company that also offers house packing services in Brisbane, as they can help you to declutter before your move. On the other hand, if the very thought of throwing anything away fills you with an attack of the vapours – here are a few questions that might help get you started.
Why did you collect all of this ‘stuff’?
House packing can make you face a lot of emotions about your belongings, so you need to ask yourself why you have ferreted away all of these items. These could be your old childhood toys or your late parent’s belongings, or maybe you have a wardrobe filled with clothes that no longer fit you or a penchant for kitchen utensils.
One reason we hang onto these items is because we often have an emotional attachment to them or we keep them out of a sense of guilt or obligation. Once you recognise why you have saved these items, it can often be easier to let them go and declutter your home. Understanding that you need to declutter can also make the decision to hire a company that specialises in house packing services in Brisbane easier as well.
After all, many of these items actually clutter your life – just think of the time it takes to dust or maintain some of them, as well as all of the storage space that is needed. If you know that you won’t ever use these items or you haven’t used or worn them in the past 6 months, maybe it’s time to send them to a new home?
Decluttering and house packing in Brisbane doesn’t have to be stressful, all you need to do is start early and take it slow. Decide which items need to be placed in the trash, which can be recycled, given to charity or sold, and which you want to keep.
For professional house packing services in Brisbane, call us on 0411 182 208 or get a quote online.
Summer is the busiest time of the year for both piano movers and for furniture removalists in Brisbane, because most homeowners decide to sell their home in spring, resulting in a move during the summer months. This is most probably a popular strategy because parents don’t need to worry about taking their kids to school for weeks on end and they don’t need to change schools during the semester, disrupting their studies.
The problem with moving in the summer is the heat, particularly in SEQ where we have high temperatures and high humidity for weeks on end. Nevertheless, since spring is the best time to sell your home, you usually find yourself battling the summer heat during your move. So, if you are looking at moving home this summer, here are our 3 best tips for a stress-free move.
- Book now: If you have sold you home and need to move to a new house over the summer period, the biggest tip we can give you is to book your furniture removalists in Brisbane as soon as possible. With summer being a popular time for moving, you might miss out on your preferred dates if you leave it too long to make your booking. This also applies to piano movers in Brisbane as well, because if they also offer removalist services to their customers, they will be doubly busy over the summer holidays.
- De-clutter: To make your move as stress-free as possible, all furniture removalists in Brisbane will recommend that you need to de-clutter before you move. This will also cut down on your moving costs, because you won’t be moving so many boxes. Consider recycling some items, giving others away to charity or simply putting them in the waste bin if they are too old, outdated or broken.
- Pack early: If you haven’t booked a pre-packing service from Brisbane Pre Packers where we come in and pack everything a day or so before your move, you need to start packing early. Pack everything that you won’t need in the weeks before your move, leaving only the essentials to be packed the day before your move. As the leading furniture removalists in Brisbane, our pre-packing service is becoming increasingly popular as more and more clients realise the benefits of someone else packing all their belongings and furniture for their move.
If you need piano movers or furniture removalists in Brisbane, why not get a quote online today for your summer move?
As the leading furniture removalists in Brisbane, we love the autumn weather, because the heat of the hot Aussie summer is declining and the days are clear and crisp. Many homeowners decide to sell their homes in the spring, but this means that they will need to move in the heat of the summer. This can put a big strain on your family, as not everyone can cope with so much activity in the hot summer days that we experience in SEQ.
When’s the best for furniture removalists in Brisbane?
If you are considering moving from one residence to the other then it is always better to move during March, April or May because everyone benefits from the cooler temperatures. After all, it’s no fun working hard outside when the temperature is hot enough to fry an egg!
Even piano movers in Brisbane, look forward to the autumn, because as experts in lifting very heavy and cumbersome loads, they really feel the effects of the heat in summer. Of course, sometimes your moving dates are out of your control or you simply must have your piano moved by a specific date. If you have any choice in the matter however, always look to move in the autumn with winter and spring being good options as well.
Autumn however, is the perfect time to move because it’s one of the least popular times of the year to relocate. This means that furniture removalists in Brisbane won’t be overly busy, giving you more chance of locking in your dates and at short notice as well. Summer is a particularly difficult time to move, not only because of the heat, but also because it’s the most popular time and removalists and even piano movers in Brisbane are usually working flat out.
The reason that summer is usually so busy is because parents prefer to move when their children have finished school for the year and can start afresh in a new school at the beginning of the next school year. If this isn’t a problem for you, then moving during the off-season (autumn) gives furniture removalists in Brisbane much more flexibility and homeowners many more options for their move.
When you are ready to book your next move, why not get a quote online?
With most people buying and selling properties in late spring and summer, booking professional moving services in Brisbane during spring ensures that you have your dates locked in securely. There are many reasons for summer being the season for moving, but basically it’s because the kids are on holiday from school and parents can also take time away from work to handle all of the logistics.
Another great service you can consider booking at the same time is house packing, because in Brisbane, the hot summer months it make hard work packing in the heat. Not forgetting that if you have really heavy objects like pool tables or pianos that need to be moved, it’s best to book the piano movers in Brisbane as well.
With so many people wanting to move during the summer season, most moving services in Brisbane become booked out, so if you leave it too late, you might not be able to book your preferred dates. So it pays to get in early!
If you are moving home soon, here are a few tips to help you get a head start:
- Now is the time to go through all of your belongings and decide whether you really need everything. The less you need to move, the lower your costs and the less time it takes as well. So decide if you can sell, donate or trash some items to lighten the load.
- If you are doing all of your own house packing in Brisbane, then start boxing up the items that you can live without until you move into your new home. If you have organised for your moving company to pack up your home, then you won’t need to bother with this step.
- When you book your moving services in Brisbane, now is the time to find the local shopping malls, doctor and dentist surgeries, as well as the post office, pharmacy and of course, the transportation system at your new location.
- Organise someone to look after your pets during the move. With people in and out of your home loading the truck and then unloading at your destination, pets can be forgotten and might even become lost. So always designate someone to look after your pets on moving day.
If you are moving in the next few months, be sure to book your moving services in Brisbane now and lock in your moving dates. Why not get a quote online with Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals?
One of your main priorities when you book Brisbane removalists is that your furniture and belongings will be loaded, transported and unloaded safely. No-one wants to find broken furniture or glassware when they unpack at their destination.
As specialist furniture movers in Brisbane, we have built an enviable reputation for ensuring that all of your possessions arrive safely at your new home. To help achieve this outcome, we also offer our clients a range of packing services, where we come in and pack all of your furniture and belongings, ensuring that they are packed safely for the move.
Apart from our packing services in Brisbane, here are a few other ways we make sure that your belongings arrive safely at their destination.
- We wrap all of our equipment and the edges of your doors in thick bumpers or blankets that are designed specifically to prevent any hard knocks when we move your furniture.
- As specialist Brisbane removalists, we have the right type of equipment to safely lift heavy furniture, such as pool tables or pianos.
- As part of our packing services, we fully wrap all of your furniture, so that it doesn’t knock or rub against each other in the truck.
- We secure all of your furniture, preventing it from moving around on the truck during transit.
- If any of your furniture can be disassembled, this will make it easier to move through narrow doorways and stairways. We can disassemble your furniture as part of our packing services.
If you are ready to contact professional furniture movers in Brisbane, it’s best to ask whether they offer a pre-packing service. This is because professional packers know how to pack absolutely everything to prevent breakages during loading, unloading and transit.
Adding a pre-packing service onto the cost of your Brisbane removalists will no doubt increase your costs, but it saves you an enormous amount of time that you would otherwise spend packing before your move. After all, many homeowners spend months packing up all of their belongings with one mad rush at the end. Just imagine how good it would be not to bother packing at all!
If you are moving soon, why not get a quote online with Brisbane Pre Packers & Removals?
As more and more home owners use our house packing services in Brisbane, we tend to hear of problems they have gone through when organising their move. One of the most common problems is moving with pets, particularly when you have children and pets!
For example, if you are renting and you have pets, it is important that you make sure that the landlord lets you have pets at your rental accommodation, particularly if you are moving to a unit or a gated community. As Brisbane Removalists, we come across many families who have to give up their pets because their new landlords won’t let them keep pets.
This is only one of the problems pet owners can face when they don’t think ahead. So if you are ready to book your packing services in Brisbane, here are 3 more tips to help you have a trouble free move with your pets.
- Visit your vet before house packing: When you start packing up all of your belongings a few days before your move, you won’t have the time to visit your vet (unless it’s for an emergency). The problem is that you will need to take a copy of your pet’s records and vaccinations with you to give to your new vet. So book an appointment with your vet a few weeks ahead of your moving date to be sure that you have everything set.
- Pack all your pets belongings: Before your local house packing services arrive in Brisbane, make sure that you set aside a box that is clearly marked for your pet. Inside you can keep all of their bedding and toys together, so that they won’t get lost and are on hand at your new destination. You can also pack a box of their favourite biscuits and their bowls in the box as well. Don’t forget to pack a big bottle of water for the trip as well.
- Remember your microchip: Most dogs need to have a microchip ID, so don’t forget to change your contact details for your pet after you move. Otherwise, if your pet does become lost, you might not be contacted!
House packing can become a chore, so it is important that you don’t get so wrapped up in your packing that you forget about the essentials for your pets when you move. If you are looking for Brisbane Removalists and house packing specialists, why not get a quote online today?
As Brisbane Removalists, we have chatted to thousands of people who have moved house and in the process we have developed a keen insight into how people find the right home for their family.
So before you jump the gun and call your local moving services in Brisbane to ask them about their house packing services, make sure that you have ticked all the boxes outlined below. This way, you can be sure that you are making the best decision for your family.
- Apply for a pre-approved loan: It is always less stressful looking for a new home and negotiating the price when you know how much you can borrow from your financial lender. As Brisbane Removalists we have heard many sad stories from home owners about houses that we lost due to not being able to borrow as much money as they first thought.
- Check out the local transportation: Even if you own multiple vehicles, at some time or another you will likely need to use public transportation. So make sure that there is a regular bus service not too far away, as well as a train station if possible.
- Explore the schools in the area: If you have children or are thinking or starting a family, the local schools may be a big priority for you. So always check not only their location, but also their reputation. For high schools, you can check their standing with a quick internet search and as Brisbane Removalists, we know that for many of our clients, the local schools are definitely part of their moving decision.
- Find out the local facilities: Even though you usually drive to do your grocery shopping, it is always better if there is a large shopping mall close to your new home, as well as GPs, Dentists, Vets, restaurants and cafes.
- Are there any recreation facilities nearby? Another consideration, before you call your local moving services in Brisbane, is to check out the local parks and see if they are well maintained and have facilities for your children or dogs. Also look for walking and hiking tracks, swimming pools, golf courses and any other sports centres that you are interested in with your family.
If you are searching for Brisbane Removalists or house packing services, why not get a quote online today?
If your home has collected a lot of clutter over the years, the easiest option is to call in your local Brisbane Removalists to take it all away and leave you with a much more spacious and clutter free home.
Most of us have so many belongings that we don’t want to throw out, because we might use it again or wear it again, but which gather dust and take up space. From old furniture, broken tree decorations, camping gear, kid’s toys, and broken equipment and appliances, they all accumulate slowly over time, until all of a sudden we feel inundated with junk.
This usually happens when you are packing your house for a move and you realise that you have so much stuff! So this is the ideal time to organise a pre packing company in Brisbane to also pack up all of your clutter and transport it to the dump or to a storage unit.
House packing before your move is already a long winded and stressful time, so asking your Brisbane Removalists to help out with your de-cluttering session makes complete sense. But how do you start?
Start your house packing and decluttering in one room first
Packing for your move is best done room by room, because this lets you easily de-clutter at the same time. Everything you want to keep, you pack into your moving boxes, everything you want to go to charity can be packed separately and the rest can be put aside to go to the dump.
If you move through each room methodically like this, it won’t add too much time to your house packing time frame. Of course, the easiest option is to start well ahead of your moving date and de-clutter first. This way you can get all of the junk out of the way and then call in your specialist Brisbane pre packing service to pack everything else for your move, cutting down your packing and decluttering time dramatically.
So if your home is full of clutter and taking up too much of your valuable space or you are moving and realise that you seriously need to declutter before you move, why not call in your local Brisbane Removalists to fix the problem?
Call Brisbane Pre Packers and get a quote online today.
You can certainly pack and transport all of your belongings and furniture when you move yourself, rather than hiring the help of Brisbane Removalists. There are however, four items that are best left to the experts, because tackling them yourself will quite likely lead to injuries, as well as causing damage to these items.
The four items that are best left to the expert movers and packers in Brisbane are: pianos, fish tanks, artwork and large plants.
Pianos: No-one should really move and lift a piano themselves, even with help from friends. Moving these huge, heavy and bulky items through doorways, up and down stairs and onto a truck can not only cause serious injury to yourself and your mates, but can also damage your piano. Pianos are actually finely tuned instruments that don’t take well to being moved, often requiring to be re-tuned after a difficult move. It is always best to leave piano moving to your expert Brisbane Removalists.
Fish Tanks: Can you imagine the weight of a fully filled fish tank? This is why you always need to empty out most of the water before moving a fish tank, leaving enough water so that the bacteria can quickly repopulate when the fresh water is added. You also need to remove your fish and transport them separately, because they don’t do well when sloshed around repeatedly in a large fish tank. Once partly emptied however, you could move the fish tank yourself, but it is always easier to ask your local house packing and transport company in Brisbane to do the job for you.
Artwork: Avoiding damage to artwork is essential due to its monetary value, as well as its sentimental value. Artwork can come in all shapes and sizes, as well as being very bulky and heavy. Nothing is impossible to move and you can certainly pack and transport your own artwork, but to be on the safe side, it is always better to hire specialist Brisbane Removalists for the job.
Large Plants: Small plants are not a big deal and the best way to transport them is to transfer them from a ceramic or pottery container into a plastic pot for the move. This prevents the loss of your pots and helps to protect the plant’s roots from being damaged. Large plants however, are a different story, requiring specialist lifting equipment. This is why you need to call your local movers and packers in Brisbane for all large plant transportation.
Need specialist Brisbane Removalists? Call Brisbane Pre Packers and get a quote online today.
Not many people have heard about house packing in Brisbane, but it is one of the best solutions for reducing all of the stress and worry that comes with moving house. If you haven’t used a house packing service yet, here is an insider’s view on how to get the most out of this type of service.
What does a house packing service in Brisbane do?
Essentially, house packers will come in a few days before your actual moving date and pack up everything in sight! This means that you need to sort out what needs to be packed and what needs to be thrown out, recycled or given to charity.
A house packing service won’t sort through your belongings, they will simply pack up everything into boxes (including the rubbish!). So for example, you need to make sure that beds are stripped, and the dishwasher, washing machine and tumble drier are all empty, clean and dry, because they will all be packed away and won’t be inspected.
How long does the house packing take?
This depends on the size of your home and how much furniture and belongings you have to be packed. Generally however, a typical 3 or 4 bedroom home can take between 6 and 10 hours to pack, all things being equal. House packing services are really fast and they can pack up your home much quicker than you can yourself, because they do it every day and they are not wondering what to pack, throw out, send to charity etc.
This is the reason why everything must be ready for the house packers when they arrive at your home. They will simply start in one room and move through each room packing everything as they go, so if you haven’t sorted everything out beforehand, you will slow them up and you might even miss your moving slot.
All you need to do for a successful house packing experience in Brisbane is to be organised and ready for the packers to arrive. Why not get a quote online and enjoy the benefits of someone else packing up your home?